Posted on July 1, 2007 by discgolfdude
Today was the kick off for the Bag Tag Challenge for SDG, at Timber Park, Estacada, OR.
Here is the list of current bag tag holders:
| BAG TAG STANDINGS
|After the initial round of play we get a Bag Tag order of:BAG TAG Player SBTT&P Score
1 Jeff Haggerty 50
2 James Moore 50
3 Jeff Hemmerling 51
4 Ryan Gwillim 51
5 Michael Raymond 51
6 Jason Pinkal 52
7 Jordan Lewis 52
8 Toby Tipton 53
9 Chris L Jones 53
10 Sam Gibson 53
11 Rob Smith 54
12 Dan Zents 55
13 Stan Herzog 55
14 Kevin Madrid 55
15 Patrick Buckley 56
16 Patrick Darr 56
17 Jason McGrew 57
18 Mike Phillips 57
19 Kel Carver 57
20 Jeff Mittl 57
21 Cris Bellinger 57
22 Ken Sheets 58
23 Josh Olmsted 59
24 Teresa Bellinger 60
25 Sean Fry 60
26 Tom Cole 60
27 Mike Sears 60
28 Steve Carson 60
29 Tom Moore 61
30 Andrew Black 61
31 Tom Dooley 61
32 Simon Brown 61
33 Jim Nims 62
34 Chris Graham 62
35 Micah Tarrel 63
36 Sean Kelley 64
37 Christina Brow 65
38 John Gorman 66
39 Murray Prictor 68
40 Carie Coleman 69
41 George Adams 70
42 Rick Dacorte 72
43 Wes Hansen 75
44 Jamie Gibson DNP
45 Jeff Larson DNP
46 Robert Byram DNP
47 J-Man DNP
48 Steve Phillips DNP
Here are the current rules for the bag tag challenge:
STUMPTOWN DISC GOLF BAG TAG CHALLENGE 2007
- Everyone is on their honor to conduct themselves according to the rules and within the spirit of competition. Have fun. It’s only a tag. The purpose of the Bag Tag Challenge is to encourage friendly competition among Stumptown Disc Golf members.
- In order for the Bag Tag Challenge to work, all challenges must be accepted.
- Each player must have their Bag Tag at all times. Bag Tags must be plainly visible and can not be hidden.
- Challenges are to be made by choosing times and courses that are reasonable. You must choose times when both players are not working. Each challenge must be completed in one round. No multiple round challenges except during tournaments.
- Friendly side wagers of any kind can be made at the discretion of the participants, but are NOT required.
- The higher Bag Tag challenges the lower Bag Tag. Challenges can be by phone, e-mail or in person.
- PHONE/E-MAIL: You may only challenge tags within 10 numbers of your own tag.
- The challenged player must give the challenger two (2) times to meet in the next two (2) weeks or they must forfeit the tag. If challenger can not meet that timeline, the challenge is void. Not showing up for a match results in a forfeit. (20 minute leeway)
- The challenged player picks the course, tees and format. Format choices include: stroke play or match play but no doubles/triples etc. of any kind. PDGA rules apply. Modified rules allowed only with prior agreement of all players. If the challenger wins the round, the tags are exchanged.
- All Bag Tag holders must play a minimum of two (2) challenges per calendar month. All Bag Tag holders must play a minimum of two (2) different opponents per calendar month.
- Solo rounds are not permitted for a challenge. The only time challenge opponents are not required to play in the same group is during tournaments/leagues or rule 2 (k) below.
- Ties are won by the holder of the lower bag tag at the beginning of the round. However, if ALL players agree before the round starts; a play-off hole(s) can be used as a tie-breaker using sudden death rules.
- You don’t have to play back-to-back challenge rounds against the same player or in a multi-player match with the exact same opponents. A player can’t challenge you, lose to you, and immediately challenge you again for another round. However, if ALL parties agree, consecutive round challenges are allowed. Challenges MUST be verbally agreed upon at the beginning of EACH round.
- Incomplete round: If a player does not complete a bag tag challenge round, the exiting player should trade tags with the player with the highest tag number. If play is stopped by all players before the round is complete, no tags are exchanged. This could be due to hazardous weather, physical emergency or mutual agreement.
- IN PERSON: Not limited by numbers: Bag Tag 69 could challenge Bag Tag 1. If players are both at a course they can play for tags regardless of numbers.
- Multiple people at the same course at the same time can have a group challenge with 5 or less playing in the group. If more than 5 are present the group must split into cards of at least 3 and play proceeds as if it were a tournament/league.
- TOURNAMENTS/LEAGUES: It is mandatory to accept challenges at any organized tournament or league. If more than 2 tags are present, all MUST participate. No Match Play unless tournament is Match Play. (Handicapped leagues: play is straight up)
- The tags are thrown into a pool and distributed by score at the end of the tourney/league not round by round. No sudden death to decide ties and final nine rounds/playoffs exempt from challenges.
- Players in different flights in tournaments are competing against only other players in the same flight.
- Stumptown bag tags will be sold to Stumptown Disc Golf members. All challenges must be between Stumptown bag tags ONLY. No inter-club tag challenges.
- 2007 Tags will be issued at the Stumptown Bag Tag Tourney and Picnic. Best scores at the SBTT&P will receive Bag Tags in the order of finish. Lowest score gets lowest tag. Players joining after the SBTT&P will receive the lowest available tag.
- Each player who enters the Bag Tag Challenge will be given a contact list of player’s names, email address (if any), and phone numbers. At any time during the challenge season, you may obtain a new list of players from the website.
- Players holding tags must update the club when challenges are made and the results of each challenge.
- The winner of the challenge is responsible for reporting the results of the challenge.
- Players wishing to get information as to who holds each tag may check the Bag Tag thread at SDG.
- Lost Tags
- When a tag is lost, the number is dropped from the standings.
- Members can purchase a new tag for $5.00 and will receive the lowest numbered tag available.
- For 2007 season, points system eliminated.
- Season is 6 months long: July 1 – December 31.
- 2007 season starts with the Bag Tag Challenge on July 1 @ Timber Park.
All information is provided from http://www.stumptowndg.com forum.
Filed under: Disc Golf, Discgolf, Discraft, Friends, Innova, OR, Portland, Sports, Stumptown, Vancouver, WA |